October is Learning Disabilities Month in the US and Canada. As we have featured the LD Basics and LD Quizzes, this post provides you with a list of articles featuring accomodations for students with LD.
The National Center for Learning Disabilities (2006) defines accomodations as …
… alterations in the way tasks are presented that allow children with learning disabilities to complete the same assignments as other students. Accommodations do not alter the content of assignments, do not give students an unfair advantage or in the case of assessments, do not change what a test measures. They do make it possible for students with LD to show what they know without being impeded by their disability.
- Accommodations for Students with LD
- Accommodations, Techniques and Aids For Learning
- Deciding on Appropriate Accommodations for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Classroom Modifications and Accommodations For Students With Learning Disabilities
- Common Testing Accommodations and Modifications for Students with Disabilities
- Test-Taking: Tips for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Making the Classroom Friendly for the Learning Disabled Student